There's a lot of information that was on this blog related to what I saw in Europe. Someone asked me today what I was going to bring back to Portland. Here's 5 things, part of these are already underway..
1. Nearside bicycle signals designed at a human scale: common application in the Netherlands: in procurement.
2. Redundant detection for bicycles (and other users): loop detection and push button: started this, but not complete.
3. Confirmation of actuation for travelers: LEDs light up after being sensed: this would take some work.
4. Uncoordinated operation to improve responsiveness: underway at Half Signals, do we need to expand?
5. Collection of data and Performance Measures (where possible) at Traffic Signals: underway.