Here's the summary of the Bike Commute Challenge. I also rode a century this month, so I had a great month!
Congratulations to us all: PBOT downtown offices registered its highest Bike Commute Challenge rate ever: 27.5%!
I. Team PBOT Downtown Highlights:
· PBOT Downtown increased its bike commute rate by 35% over last year.
· PBOT Downtown came in 2nd place in the Public Agency 100 -499 employees category (BPS was first w/ 36.6%)
· PBOT Downtown repelled a challenge from the Director of PDC (17.9% commute rate).
· Downtown PBOT beat BES (23.4%) for the first time.
· Our 93 riders logged 1,208 bike trips, riding 10,623 miles.
· Twenty-one (21) new PBOT riders logged bike trips. These first-timers had an amazing 55% bike commute rate!
· Twenty-two (22) PBOT riders had perfect (100%) bike commute rates.
II. AWARD Winners
- PBOT Most Valuable Player: Anne Hogan.
- Anne was the Division Captain for Signals and Street Lighting, which had four new riders. Anne was also a new rider and biked 90% of the time. Anne will have personal use of Jeff Smith’s portable refrigerator for one week. Enjoy!
- Bike to Japan Award: Rob Burchfield
- Rob (as he noted, at a spry 54) traversed the hills of Washington County to continue his long-distance dominance.
- Kong Award for Division with Highest Commute Rate: Transportation Options. Here are the leading divisions:
BCC Commute Rate
Signals and Streetlighting